We’re pioneering a model that uses predictive science to measure the viral potential of websites and apps. Sounds awesome, right? You might have heard of some of our websites and apps, including OMG Facts, MuggleNet, and Smartphowned. Nearly twenty million people use our websites and mobile apps each month, and we’ve been consistently recognized as a top employer for Gen Y in Chicago.
We need someone to help make sense of all our data.
Someone with a strong curiosity about what drives user behavior and an insatiable appreciation for data.
Does analyzing data from our network of sites, mobile apps, and social media accounts sound challenging? Exciting?
You’ll be joining an incredibly smart and driven technical team responsible for the development, deployment and upkeep of over two dozen high traffic web sites.
Daily Job Functions:
- Answer questions from available data as assigned
- Identify how to track metrics in order to answer future questions and clearly articulate the tracking plan to developers
- Effectively communicate regarding approach, methodology, caveats, and results of data analysis to multiple audiences
- Contribute ideas on how to improve business functions
- Periodic and ad hoc reporting
- Solid statistics knowledge (R or Python experience preferred)
- Excel guru (or equivalent)
- Intermediate SQL proficiency
- Google Analytics experience
- Understand, clean, and question data
- Understanding and ability to implement A/B and Multivariate testing
- Strong desire and ability to learn
- Additional Web and mobile tracking technology experience (i.e. Mixpanel, Flurry, Heap)
- Python (Numpy, Scipy, Pandas) and/or PHP experience
- Map/Reduce (Hadoop) knowledge
Why work with Spartz?
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Casual dress
- Cube-free since 2010
- Napping couches
- Unlimited in-office snacks
- 20 days vacation
- Quarterly reviews and raises
- Great downtown location
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Daily ping-pong
- Monthly company outings